How many times have you been accused of twisting Scripture to “justify your lifestyle”? The accusation seems to be an easy way to automatically reject any line of reasonable discussion of homosexuality and the Bible between two people who undoubtedly have strong opinions on the subject. Once the accusation comes out, it’s relatively impossible for both parties to find common ground (points of agreement). Twisting Scripture conveys the message of total disregard for Truth (with a capital T). If there’s no basis for Truth, then the accuser has no valid reason to hear or acknowledge the accused-one’s beliefs. Imagine if all differences of opinion (interpretation of Scripture) automatically meant deliberate mishandling of Truth. Just think of all the groups and individuals who could easily fall into the category of intentionally twisting “God’s Word.” For example, those who believe in a . . . Continue reading
Tip our Volunteers
- Suzanne on When Reconciliation Isn’t Possible
- Joseph Richardson on When Reconciliation Isn’t Possible
- Joseph Richardson on Sexually & Spiritually Transmitted Diseases
- Joseph Richardson on Uncomfortable Conversations as a Pathway to Reconciliation
- gaboyjamie on Poll: What are the unmet, felt needs of the LGBTQ & Allied Community?
Powered by wpPlugz.